The 2003/2004 Australasian racing season produced 68 individual stakes-performers with 114 stakes-performances from horses that were identified as being compatibly mated specifically to clients either before conception of before sale as a yearling.
Group One Honour Roll
Included amongst those 114 stakes-performances in the 2003/2004 season were 25 individual Group One performances. The Group One Honour Roll for the season (in alphabetical order) is: –
- Ancient Song – 1st Salinger Stakes; 2nd Oakleigh Plate
- Blessum – 3rd Salinger Stakes
- Charge Forward – 2nd Golden Slipper Stakes
- Diamond Like – 2nd NZ Bloodstock Breeders Stakes
- Forum Floozie – 3rd Epsom Handicap; 3rd Coolmore Classic
- Grand Zulu – 1st The BMW; 2nd Rosehill Guineas
- Hard To Get – 1st SA Derby
- Into The Night – 2nd Salinger Stakes
- Kempinsky – 2nd VRC Derby; 3rd Caulfield Guineas
- Kylikwong – 3rd VRC Sires Produce Stakes
- Legally Bay – 3rd Australia Stakes
- November Dreaming – 2nd Spring Champion Stakes
- Pentastic – 2nd Mackinnon Stakes; 2nd Doomben Cup; 2nd Brisbane Cup
- Reactive – 1st Oakleigh Plate; 2nd Dubai Racing Club Cup
- Sound Action – 1st Ranvet Stakes; 3rd CF Orr Stakes
- Timbourina – 2nd Canterbury Guineas; 3rd VRC Oaks
Pleasingly in many of the above instances the horses were raced by the clients who performed the analysis or the dams of those horses were still owned by our client.
Even more pleasing though was the fact that from the above horses Ancient Song and Into The Night were both raced by Laurel Oak Bloodstock, Brain’s Australasian Agent. Their Group One performances included a memorable Group One quinella in the Salinger Stakes at Flemington on VRC Derby Day. Both horses were bred by clients on Brain’s recommendation and then ultimately acquired by Laurel Oak to race with other clients. Into The Night was also invited to represent Australia in the Hong Kong International Sprint in December 2003.