Following is a concise summary of results for the 2011/2012 racing season.
Once again Brain clients enjoyed tremendous success. The 2011/12 season produced 82 individual Stakes-performers with 147 Stakes performances from horses that were identified as being compatibly-mated, specifically to clients (as part of broodmare or yearling analyses) either before conception or before sale as a yearling.
Group One Honour Roll – 2011/2012 – Included amongst the 146 Stakes performances were 19 individual Group One performers producing 27 Group One performances. The Group One honour roll for the season in alphabetical order is:
- Armed For Action – 3rd Blue Diamond Stakes
- Black Caviar – 1st Patinack Farm Classic; 1st CF Orr Stakes; 1st Lightning Stakes; 1st Robert Sangster Stakes; 1st The Goodwood; 1st Diamond Jubilee Stakes at Royal Ascot
- Efficient – 2nd Sydney Cup;
- Elite Falls – 2nd Oakleigh Plate;
- Happy Zero – 3rd Stradbroke Handicap;
- Huegill – 3rd Caulfield Guineas;
- Invest – 1st South Australian Oaks;
- Niwot – 1st Sydney Cup;
- Ocean Park – 2nd Rosehill Guineas;
- Once Were Wild – 3rd Sydney Cup;
- Ranger – 2nd Kingston Town Classic;
- Sabrage – 3rd Victoria Derby; 2nd South Australian Derby;
- Sacred Choice – 2nd Myer Classic;
- Said Com – 2nd Randwick Guineas;
- Samaready – 1st Blue Diamond Stakes; 3rd Golden Slipper Stakes;
- Satin Shoes – 3rd Coolmore Stud Stakes;
- Say No More – 1st NZ Thoroughbred Breeders Stakes; 1st Thorndon Mile;
- Trusting – 3rd Chipping Norton Stakes;
- We’re Gonna Rock – 2nd The Goodwood;
The above results include the trifecta in the Sydney Cup and the quinella in the Goodwood Handicap.